Tips for having sound health.
The term sound health refers to an active lifestyle where there is a balance between physical health and mental health. Our mind and body are interdependent. If there is a change in one (good or bad) then the other one is directly affected. For both ( mind and body) to function well, we have some tips for you to follow:
We all know that when we eat good food ( which is tasty and easy to digest) our mind releases stress hormones and we become more happier. Food is the main ingredient for sound health. One must follow good eating habits such as:
- Never skip breakfast as it is the food for the brain.
- Consume colorful vegetables daily.
- Eat three meals a day( breakfast, lunch and dinner). Avoid eating heavy meals at night.
- Include dairy products in your diet on daily basis such as Milk, Cheese, Curd and Yogurt.
- Avoid having food that has high sugar and salt contents.
- Eat more food that grows on trees and plants and less food that is manufactured in plants.
- One can include junk food in diet but once in a while. Over eating of junk food can be dangerous to your health.
- Dry fruits ( Almonds, Cashew, Raisins, Walnut ,etc) are great source of energy and are full of health. You can have hand full of dry fruits in a day.
- Avoid having spicy and oily food before sleeping as they can cause acidity.
- Avoid eating raw or undercooked meats of any type.
Physical fitness and exercises are the need of an hour and is in a great trend now-a- days. It is considered as the major contributor in maintaining sound health. One must do physical activity and exercise and must enjoy its below listed benefits.
- Regular exercise can prevent various health problems related to heart, high blood pressure, obesity, stroke, diabetes , etc,.
- Being fit, one can control weight gain and can maintain energy levels.
- Exercise can boost our confidence and self-esteem and is a great source of mood elevation.
- We must exercise 30 minutes daily. In the beginning we might get tired but slowly and gradually, our stamina will grow and we will be able to exercise more than 40 minutes.
- Children do need to exercise too. Playing outside is very important for their overall development.
In this era, stress and anxiety are common. Many people are going through depression and other mental problems. This is why mental fitness is very important to live a life to the full extent. To strengthen your mind consider the following steps:
- Adequate sleep: An individual need 8-10 hours of sound sleep for mind and body to function well. To sleep properly, avoid using any electronic gadget about 30 minutes before going to bed. Also keep your mobile phones away from your sleep area.
- Meditate: Though meditation is an ancient practice but is widely popular these days. Meditation is a great stress buster. It relaxes your mind and gives a positive direction to your life. One need to meditate approx. 10-15 minutes twice a day to gain its benefits.
- Spend some time with your loved ones.
- Avoid negative people and negative conversation.
- Try to make some leisure time to do something that interests you.
- Friends are necessity . Share your feelings with your friends.
- Read positive stuff. Books such as ” Power of Positive thinking”.
Try to make some positive changes in your lifestyle by adopting the above listed few tips for having sound health and enjoy its miraculous benefits.
Above Tips for having sound health will definitely help you out in performing will in your field.