Are you a couch potato? Well, believe it or not , many of us are. Being lazy, so many people want to be fit, but don’t want to miss their favorite TV show for that.
If you are a part of one, then we have certain workouts for you, that you can do while completely sitting on your Couch.
Yes, you read it right. There are exercises that you can do while your mind is occupied in another activity, be it watching TV or Listening to your favorite music. And of course, you can mix your leisure time with fitness.
Here are some Couch Exercises that you can Workout while you chill out.
1. Crunches while sitting( Seated Crunches).
This is the most flexible form of Couch Exercises that one can perform while sitting on Couch. It strengthens your back and leg muscles. To do this:
- Sit on the edge of the couch.
- Hold the front of the couch for support.
- Lean back, bend your legs and draw them up.
- Now start performing crunches by extending your legs and bringing your legs towards your chest while contracting your abs.
- Extend your legs back.
2. Leg Raises
It is one of the effective Couch Exercises which helps in making your abs. It also strengthens your hips and makes your lower back more flexible. This exercise is good for people who spends a lot of time sitting at desk. To do :
- Lie down on your Couch by keeping your face up.
- Extend your legs.
- Lay flat with your arms at your sides.
- Stretch your legs next to each other and then raise your legs.
- Make an angle of 90 degree with your legs ( or atleast as straight as possible).
- Make sure your toes are pointed.
- Lower your legs down.
Remember, The lowering your leg should be at same pace at which it was raised.
3. Russian twists
It is an easy to learn exercise. This is one of theCouch Exercises which tones your core, shoulders and hips. To perform:
- Sit on the couch. Lift your feet from the floor while keeping your knees bent
( you may cross your ankles too).
- Clasp your hands together or you can grab the pillow.
- Now use your abdominals to twist from left to center and to right.
Make sure, not to move your legs while doing this exercise.
This exercise helps to strengthens your glute muscles and hips. To perform this exercise:
- Lie on your side.
- Keep your heels together and stable your hips.
- Align your shoulders, hips and heels.
- List the top leg 3-4 inches.
- While raising your leg , make sure that your hips doesn’t rotate or move. If it moves, then lessen the range of motion.
- Hold the position for 5 seconds and then lower your leg.
- Switch sides and Repeat.
This is one of the Couch Exercises which is a weight baring exercise that is good for your bones. This squat is for anyone who wants to be fit but still loves time on the couch. It strengthens your leg muscles and lower back. To do:
- Sit on the couch with your back straight.
- While sitting, keep your feet and shoulders apart.
- Now stand by putting your whole body weight on your heels.
- Tense your buttocks while you stand.
- Steady yourself on the spot. Keep your back straight.
- Sit back down.
6. Bulgarian split squats.
It is a single leg squat. This form of Sofa Exercises requires alot of balance and coordination. In this, emphasis is given on the first leg whereas your back leg is there for support. For this:
- Stand on the two feet.
- Elevate your one foot and place the top of your foot on the couch.
- Put your whole body weight on the front foot and firmly fix it on the ground.
- Keep your back and shoulders straight and eyes looking forward..
- Bend your front leg, keeping the knee of the front leg aligned with the back foot.
- Drive up with your front heel and return to the starting position.
- Switch sides and Repeat.
7. Incline pushups.
This exercise works on the chest muscles. This is highly popular form of Sofa Exercises. To do:
- Face towards the couch.
- Keep your hands on the cushion.
- Make sure your hands are straight and wider than shoulders.
- Step your body back such that it is in a straight diagonal line.
- Slowly lower your chest and bring it closer to the edge of couch by bending your arms. Keep your body straight.
- Return back to the position from where you started till your arms get straight.
Note: Always keep the movement slow while doing the exercise. If you do this too fast, you won’t get the benefits.
Hey guys, What are you waiting for? Turn on your favorite show and start Workout while you chill out.