Affirmation is a self transformation tool. It is the positive well formatted statement that should be repeated to oneself and must be written several times. It must be in a present tense. It supports positive mental attitude.
A person who wants to change his negative behavior must practice this frequently.
Negative person thinks negative , speak negative and as a result his aura becomes dark and negative. But if that person starts repeating positive statements then he starts thinking positive and ultimately his aura also becomes bright and positive. Thus, affirmation turns negatives into positives.
Whenever your mind starts thinking negative, at that time only, speak a positive statement to yourself,and slowly and gradually your habit of thinking negative will fade away.
Like we do, physical exercise daily, to keep our body fit, similarly, mental exercise is of keen importance to keep our mind healthy.
Affirmations are like mental exercises. Repetitive positive statements will change your thinking pattern and you will be able to think and act differently.
This way, one can become calm and it increases the confidence level and will improve the chances of successful outcome in any task.
Affirmations are proved treatment for the people who undergoes mental illness like anxiety , stress or depression.
There is evidence that the higher your self esteem , the more effective your affirmations can be. But if you have low self esteem, positive affirmations actually make you feel worse, because they sset up a conflict between positive sate you desire and negative feelings you currently experience. If this happens , work on Boosting your Self esteem before you use affirmations.
HOW TO WRITE AN AFFIRMATION?
To write your personal positive statements , an approach to learning important life skill, consider the following points:
- Identify the area where you are struggling in. Know, Are you struggling with any of your relationships? Or you want to change some of your behavior? Or you want to be more productive in your life? Choose your areas and behavior genuinely so that you get naturally motivated to achieve them.
- Make sure your affirmations are realistic and achievable .
- Write the positive affirmation. Whatever the negatives you are dealing in your life, and you want to turn those negatives into positives then write down the positive statements of those negatives. For ex. If you think ” I am not talented enough” then turn this around and write ” I am skilled and experienced”.
- Always write the affirmation in present tense. As writing it in a present tense will make you believe that the statement is true right now.
- Keep it brief. Shorter is better. Affirmations with fewer words are easier to recall.
- Make affirmations for yourself, not for others.
- Include your feelings or emotions while writing positive statements, Example, ” I am lovingly supporting my children”.
Affirmations, an effective life skill, works on the principle of ” LAW OF ATTRACTION”. Repeating affirmations helps to reprogram the unconscious mind for success.
Repeat your affirmations at least thrice a day. Regular repetition will gently return your focus to manifesting the life of your dreams.
Examples of affirmations.
You can use the following affirmations , a life skill, to change your life.
- My body is healthy and pain free.
- I make good use of my time and energy.
- My environment is calm and supportive.
- My thoughts and feelings are nourishing.
- Each day of my life is filled with joy and love.
- I accept the shape of my body and I find it beautiful and appealing.
- My relationship is divine and my partner and I are perfectly matched.
- I have my dream job.
- My savings are increasing.
- I am enthusiastic and full of love.
- I have control over my mind and emotions.
- I am admired, my efforts are being supported by the Universe.
- I radiate beauty , charm and grace.
- God is with me, He is helping me.
- Good things are supposed to come my way.
- I am blessed with wonderful family and friends.
- Today,I abandon my old habits and take up new, more positive ones.
- I am courageous and I stand up for myself.
- My business is growing and expanding.
- My marriage is becoming stronger, deeper and more stable with each passing day.
- I forgive those who have harmed me in my past and peacefully detach from them.
- My body is healthy, my mind is brilliant and my soul is tranquil.
- I commit to learning new things.
- I turn obstacles into learning opportunities.
- I am unique and worthy person.